The following natural anxiety remedy tips are only a few of those available. Please feel free to add your own or make comment on what has been helpful to you.
* Herbal remedies include Kava, Motherwort, Passionflower, Skullcap, St John’s Wort and Valerian.
* Herbal teas – many and varied include teas made from the above list as well as Chamomile and Lemon Balm.
* Learn to laugh – laugh every day, even if you need to fake it.
* Massage can relieve tension in muscles and relieve stress and anxiety. It can cause your body to release natural painkillers. Combine with essential oils.
* Get your finances sorted. Particularly in the current economic climate stress and anxiety is an issue and it is important to take hold of finances.
* Soak in a warm bath with aromatherapy oils added. Essential oils such as Bergamot, Cedarwood, Geranium, Lavender, Lemon, Sandalwood and Sweet Marjoram.
* Exercise every day. Try walking, yoga or any physical activity that you enjoy.
* Learn to breathe deeply. When we are stressed and anxious we tend to breathe shallowly which exacerbates the problem. Learning correct breathing techniques is invaluable.
* Meditation. Research shows that meditation can significantly lower anxiety. Do some sort of meditative activity for at least 15 minutes, three or four times a day. Find a place of quiet surroundings, clear your mind, and actively relax.
Herbal and other natural remedies are becoming increasingly popular as a substitute to prescription drugs for the treatment of anxiety.Using a natural anxiety remedy makes a far safer alternative to anti-anxiety medications which can often be habit-forming or can cause side effects.